Monday, November 8, 2010

Beautiful



"What if we decided life was beautiful -just the way it is?"




I read this post today and it really helped put things in perspective for me. I have been feeling a little sorry for myself lately. My house is a mess - piles of books everywhere, walls need new paint, new carpet, hate my kitchen sink, not too thrilled with my body, my hair, my wrinkles. My heel hurts. My knee hurts. I want to work part time. I want to run run run! Blah Blah Blah!!!

GET OVER YOURSELF ALREADY!!! My family is happy and healthy. Sure I could use more money. Who couldn't? Sure I'd like to be a thin, fit, hottie. I'm working on it. Can't run cause it hurts too much? Walk! Clean your house. Or don't - either way. You've earned those wrinkles - oh and remember that you always "forget" sunscreen?

I spend so much time focused on what I don't have, or what I can't have, or do, that I miss some of life's most beautiful moments.

I'm going to try to start keeping a gratitude journal. It may not be an official journal. It might just be in my head. The point is to pause for a moment each day and reflect on how blessed my life is!





Be beautiful my friends!

Trish

3 comments:

  1. Loved this post.

    Well said.

    gratitude journals - rock. Started mine about 4 months ago. priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good reminder. Too bad we have to be reminded of this! I have been trying to be content with today but I know I am not always perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Learning/remembering to live in the present is difficult.... I find Thich Naht Hahn's quote to be a useful reminder:
    “Life can be found only in the present moment. The past is gone, the future is not yet here, and if we do not go back to ourselves in the present moment, we cannot be in touch with life.”

    I still have to work at it as well.

    ReplyDelete