Saturday, March 31, 2012

"The Number on the Scale Does Not Define You"


I have decided to participate in No Weigh in April.  I'm going to try really hard not to weigh myself.  Currently, I weigh myself everyday come hell or high water.  That number can definitely have an impact on my day.  I know that I am not defined by my weight, but when you work out hard and eat clean and do not see those numbers getting smaller, it can be defeating.

Way back in January, I read this post on my hero's website.  Swim Bike Mom, aka Meredith, had me in tears.  Literally.  I've been a slave to the scale my entire life, and it hasn't made much of a difference in my weight, but it has "weighed me down".  I asked Swim Bike Mom then if I could repost her post on my blog and awesome human being that she is, she said "Yes!".  Instead of reposting and getting on with my workouts, etc, I promptly hit rock bottom and began sitting on the couch eating whatever I felt like and not exercising one bit.  So, needless to say, the post never happened.  I've been back at it for six weeks now and I feel like I am finally ready to ditch the scale.  (And yes, I am hyperventilating as I type this).

So here it is:  I WILL NOT WEIGH MYSELF FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH OF APRIL!!! (but you better believe that I'll be standing on that bad boy May 1 ;)

Can I do it?  I think so.  I've stopped drinking Diet Dew after all!  So join me/us if you wish.  Click the link above or on my sidebar.  Empower yourself.  You control your life.  You choose your direction.  And only you determine your self worth!

5 comments:

  1. Ooohhh! I'm not sure I can take THIS challenge. An entire month OFF the scale? I did that for months when I was afraid to look. Now, I weigh in once a week (okay, sometimes twice or three times)... good for you being back at it for six weeks. Looks like you and I are on that 'return journey' together. :) Glad you swung by the Turtles blog... was great to see you in my in-box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be really hard for me. Especially since I am trying to lose weight. Maybe I'll wait to see how hard it is for you before I try it ;)

    PS - I tagged you in my post today (http://ihaverun.blogspot.com/2012/04/tuesday-randomness-about-me.html)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! Get your scale out of your sight, put it on a shelf in the closet or something. Out of sight, out of mind....or at least harder to do. You won't regret it....or regret eliminating the Diet Dew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont't even have a scale so that helps! I go by how my clothes feel on me. Good luck with you diet. I'm doing one myself! Thanks for entering my giveaway:)
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete